Let pass the past

Preface.

The past has way of reminding us of our inadequacies other than our accomplishments, it has a way of reminding us the pain other than joy. Quite often when I feel down trodden I close my little house in the savannah, put off my phone and grab a book, a published and a life speaking one, not romance or fiction. For the past two years I have found solace in books to disconnect with the mind. And I am a testimony of surviving depression, self pity, hopelessness and in the extreme suicidal thoughts.

One of the lessons I have and continue learning from 'The Power of Now' by ECKHART TOLLE is that you should disconnect with the mind, you are not the mind; listen to the mind and once you are free from the mind, you can observe and listen to the mind as a third party. Its called consciousness. Ask someone who has ever been in an emergency situation, they will tell you this is true. Or read the whole book. Though I will continue being the pieces with some of my life story.

If you are down today, wake up tomorrow, feel anything around you, smell the flowers and bask in the sun. Call someone you want to forgive or to forgive you whether they get indifferent or forgive, you have released your heartache a bit. 

Follow my series as I tag you along my healing journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rapture from the eyes of a Pastoralist boy.

A cry for justice for the Tanzanian Maasai; a dire need for quick ACTION!

Educate a Girl, Educate a Community